'Coming Back from Injury to Explode for 12th Home Run of the Season' Han Yoo-seom

 


SSG Landers' Han Yoo-seom (35) showed off his power in his comeback game. 

Starting in the No. 5 spot in the lineup against the Samsung Lions in the 2024 Shinhan Bank SOL Bank KBO League at SSG Landers Field in Incheon on Thursday, Han went 1-for-2 with a double, a home run, two RBIs, three runs scored, one walk and one strikeout.

In the bottom of the second inning, Han Yoo-seom drew a walk to lead off the inning. Ha Jae-hoon followed with an RBI double and Han Yoo-seom came home to score. It was the first run of the game. With SSG up 2-0 in the top of the third inning, Won Tae-in, Samsung's right-handed starter, lifted a 127-kilometer-per-hour changeup over the right-center field fence for a two-run home run. The ball traveled 125 meters. It was his 12th home run of the season.

After leading off the sixth inning with a strikeout, Han Yoo-seom led off the seventh inning with a walk. She then came home on Oh's two-run homer, her third of the game. 

Prior to this game, Han was hitting well, batting .863 (31-for-129) with 11 home runs, 34 RBIs, 22 runs scored and an OPS of .863 in 35 games. However, he suffered a micro-injury to his left iliotibial band while making a play at shortstop in the NC game on April 3 and was placed on the disabled list. 

Han Yoo-seom returned to the first team after just 10 days and made a strong impression with a home run in his first game back. SSG head 안전놀이터 coach Lee Sung-yong said in a pre-match interview, “Fortunately, he recovered well and came back in good shape. I think we can breathe a little easier now. Honestly, I felt (Hanyusum's absence) a lot. (Ha) Jae-hoon and (Oh) Taegon weren't very good, but from the second match on Sunday, along with (Go) Myung-joon, everyone came back to life a little bit, so I think this week will be a little better. I'm glad that (Han) Yoo-seom came,” he said, adding that he was looking forward to Han's performance. Han Yusum immediately lived up to Lee's expectations. 

In his postgame interview, Han said, “I was happy to be able to help the team with a home run right after my return to the first team. In the home run at-bat, I was trying to make a quick pitch and it was right in the zone, so it was a good pitch. I'm not feeling too bad at the moment and I was looking to get my game going, but I got off to a good start and hopefully I can keep it going,” said the 24-year-old. 

“As a veteran, I felt sorry and grateful to see my teammates struggle against strong teams while I was out last week,” said Han, who vowed to do his best in my position for the rest of the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celtic's Yang Hyun-Jun gets his first assist in two games

'A feat even Nowitzki couldn't do' Germany defeat Serbia to win first Basketball World Cup title